A reminder to all athletes that doping control may take place at all Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada competitions and all athletes are subject to testing under the Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP).
For more information on the regulations, athletes are strongly encouraged to:
- Visit www.cces.ca/athletezone for helpful information and resources;
- Know their rights and responsibilities as athletes with regards to anti-doping;
- Understand the sample collection procedures;
- Check all medications and products before taking them to ensure they do not contain banned substances;
- Avoid taking supplements (but if they choose to, learn how to minimize their risk);
- Verify medical exemption requirements; and
- Contact the CCES directly should they have any questions or would like additional information (call 1-800-672-7775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Athletes who test positive risk being sanctioned in accordance to the rules of the CADP. Athletes are responsible for reviewing this information prior to competition. Athlete support personnel are also encouraged to become familiar with anti-doping rules and regulations.