|Date of Birth:||March 8, 2001|
|Place of Training:||Canada|
|Sponsors:||Ronix, Billabong, Spy Optics, Boardsports Canada, The Ranch Wake Park|
|Coaches:||Micheal Lieffers & Jay Poole|
WHEN AND HOW DID YOU START RIDING?
At the age of 11. I was riding with the Simple Snowboarding team. I would ride hard all winter, and not really think of doing any other activities besides skateboarding and hanging with my friends in the summer. Near the end of the season the Spalding family told my parents and I that I should get involved in wake boarding. They said that there was a wakeboard park in Newmarket (20 mins from my house). I went one day – I tried it – met all the doors i’m so close with now, and was already hooked.
WHO ARE THE MOST INSPIRING RIDE TO WATCH AND WHY?
So many people inspire me. I find it so cool to watch other riders, no matter the level and how they approach things. Everyone has their own unique style and just the way that they float across the water. When I think of the riders that really inspire me, five people come to mind: Raph Derome, Dom Hernier, Drew Austin, Aaron Gunn and Guenther Oka. These 5 have different styles and visions.
- 9th place – 2016 Cable Wakeboard World Championships (IWWF)
- 1st place – US Nationals Boys 10-14 Features
- Winning the 2016, 2015 & 2014 Canadian Wake Park National Championships 18 & Under Features Only
- 1st place finish at the Canadian Wake park National Championships in Jr. Men 14-18 Traditional
- Winning every stop at the 2015 BoarderPass Triple Crown
- Ontario Wake Awards – “The Recruit” (The One to Watch) 2016; 15 and under Wake Park Rider of the year in 2015
- 2016 – 3rd place in Pro Men’s Traditional at Canadian Wake Park National Championships
- Winning People’s Choice Award in 2015 RipCurl Judgement Video Wake Battle.
STAY CONNECTED WITH RILEY