National Team Coach
Coaching Since: 2006
Profession: Business Owner Operator
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK
What is your favourite part of coaching?
• “My favorite part of coaching is watching an athlete achieve a goal. If it’s on or off the water, if it’s during a session with friends or in a competition – I get the same feeling of excitement watching hard work paying off.”
Highlights before becoming a coach?
• “This is a touch questions. Participating in the Canadian and FLA scene for a few years was amazing. But I have always been in a coaching model of riding and sharing with friends and new friends.”
What was you most memorable experience as a coach?
• “I enjoyed so many moments in Moscow back in 2005 – both good and bad. The team camps where you saw a team member understand why we chose the path we are on is huge for me.”
If you weren’t a coach, what would you be doing?
• “I am 99% not a coach. I run global business, try to be a caring and understanding husband, and a friend to the other people in my life. Coaching, or in my opinion, program planning and managing is a small part of what I do with my time.”
What or who made you want to become a coach?
• “I grew up in a small town with a man named Dave Wassill. He had the same problem most people have – a boat with no crew. Dave was always open to people joining him for boat time. We reopened a club and started shredding. Later I became the provincial touring coach and then the Provincial team coach.”
What is your favourite quote?
• “About the only problem with success is that it does not teach you how to deal with failure.” – Tommy Lasorda